As the seasons change, our focus will turn to deeper investigation of inquiry themes including pollination, seed science, aquaponics (and other alternative growing solutions), nutrition, and food systems.
Looking for a delicious Fall recipe? Try our Kale Salad-- students rate it a 10!
- 3-4 large leaves of Kale
- ½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Wash hands.
- De-stem kale leaves by pulling leaves away from the stem.
- Chop or rip up kale leaves into bite sized pieces and place in large mixing bowl.
- Measure out olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pour into mixing bowl with kale.
- Massage kale with your hands for 1 minute.
- Add in cranberries and sunflower seeds and mix.
- In a separate bowl or jar, add balsamic vinegar and olive oil and whisk or shake to combine.
- Combine your kale, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and dressing in mixing bowl and stir.
- Serve and enjoy!